header 1500x360

Host Kris Halterman will have a special guest interview with Dean Gano, Creator of Apollo Root Cause Analysis, about his recent article (also published by Liberty Road), "Stay Home," Orders from the Governor.

Topic for discussion will include the Principles of Causation and how they relate to effective, problem solving. Dean Gano specializes in effective problem solving for any kind of human situation.



"Let them Eat Chocolate”

If you have not already watched or heard the interview of Nancy Pelosi on James Corden’s late night show, please find it and share it. You need no other proof than this to show you how tone-deaf and out of touch this woman is; this woman who is the Speaker of the House of Representatives, who has vowed not to give her blessing to additional funding for the Paycheck Protection Program (PPP) unless or until the Republican’s approve additional funding for state and local governments’.

 “What,” you say. Our state and local governments need more money more than our small businesses and the people who they employ? Really?

The funding for the PPP program is a loan guaranteed by the Federal government. These funds are being given at a rate of 1%, with a payback, the first payback which is deferred for 6-months, these funds must be used within 8-weeks of receipt of the funds. They can only be forgiven if 75% of the funds are used for payroll related expenses. The other 25% can be used to help small businesses afford their rent/mortgage and utility expenses.

So, let’s think about this with some common-cents. A loan/grant which funds private, small businesses, who will either use the money for whatever is needed to stay in business and/or retain their trained/skilled staff; a plan that also reduces the strain upon our public social net by keeping people off of unemployment, food stamps, food banks, housing assistance, mortgage/rent deficiencies, and in-general helps to reduce the overall stress level of the community, the state, and the nation.

Or, send more money to government agencies so they can provide unemployment, food stamps, assistance to the food banks, rent and mortgage assistance, etc. (rent assistance is already happening across the state/nation).

When funding is directly injected into the private sector workplaces around our state and nation, the likelihood of a strong bounce back to our economy, is greatly improved. After all, who do the people work for? And when this is over, if these small businesses no longer exist, where will the unemployed go back to work to? Common sense tells you that these precious, printed, relief funds will have the greatest effect when they are used to keep people employed, not spent on enemployment benefits.

Also, if our local and state leaders really want to help small business, they need to do several things:

  1. Forgive the B&O and sales taxes that they’ve deferred to May and June 2020.
  2. Lower all state and local taxes, fees, etc. for the remainder of 2020.
  3. Decrease, or remove, regulations that impede the retention of, or creation of new small business startups.

All the monetary savings will help to keep small business alive and help them with the capital they'll need to implement the state and national mitigation required of them until life returns to some semblance of NORMAL.

Let’s get back to living life, rather than hiding from the threat of death alone in our homes.