Guest Host Jim McKinney will be discuss with Brett Bonner, of Saturna Capital (former KGMI new and media host) and Al Korelin, a natioally syndicated radio host whose focus is on the economy and politics, on tomorrow’s SML program at 8:00 AM.
Topic de jure will be:
- The news media and insights on their the impact to our communities.
- Evolution – From print papers, to radio, TV, Cable, Internet, and now social media.
- Impact – How does it influence and direct our lives?
- Advertising – Do dollars ($$$) drive news content?
- Selective news – Catering to a specific clientele.
- Professional journalism versus profit motives.
Can local media (Herald, KGMI etc…) survive Facebook and media monopolies?KER: Korelin Economics Report