FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
January 12, 2016
Contact: Jim McKinney, Executive Director, Common Threads Northwest
360-739 6473, email@example.com
Common Threads Northwest Speaker Series Presents
President, Mountain States Legal Foundation
Fighting for Whatcom Jobs and Property – Legal Options
7-9:30pm, Meridian High School Auditorium
194 West Laurel Road, Bellingham, WA 98226
Doors open at 6:30pm
Are you concerned about the local economy, your job, your property values, your family’s future? You should be.
Did you know Whatcom County is the least affordable place to live in Washington based on wages to cost of living ratios? Surprised? You shouldn’t be.
Did you know that over the last year, the County Council:
- Lost a State Supreme Court case due to bad planning?
- Placed a moratorium on building due to that failure?
- Ignored hundreds of concerned citizens’ pleas for help?
- Planned for dense urban clusters to cram in residences?
- Planned to stop growth and close industries at Cherry Point?
- Sat back and allowed the DNR to annex County property?
- Was driven by well-resourced special interest groups?
Why? Simple, the Council doesn’t represent the County, it represents Bellingham. And its disastrous actions may devastate our economy:
- County property will be near valueless without water service.
- Affordable housing will be even scarcer as urban density grows.
- Our best, highest paying employers cannot expand, may leave.
- Our farmers face environmental attacks, can’t make a living.
- Our schools, roads, and our quality of life are at risk.
Have you had enough? Citizens must take action to protect our future. The Mountain States Legal Foundation successfully defended property owners and businesses in the US Supreme Court. Come hear challenges, successes and legal options from an expert. Let’s Inform, Educate and Mobilize our community.
Pre-register at: www.commonthreadsnw.org
Email Executive Dirctor, James McKinney: firstname.lastname@example.org