With so many items of discontent on the horizon, does beg the question; “Is this still America?”
There are so many issues that have been heaped upon farmers, businesses, private citizens and property owners; regulations that prevent them from their full potential for productivity. Let’s take a look at just a few of the causes for this claim:
- The environmental activists’ sue because of the Growth Management Act and the language that they have inserted into our State and County codes, with the help of United Nations sponsored non-profits like; Local Governments for Sustainability(?) (ICLEI).
- The State Constitution gives everyone a specific right to water; which is now threatened by Native American demands that the Pt. Elliott Treaty gave them lifelong entitlements to subjective amounts of water to maintain their ability to fish the waters of the Nooksack River.
- At the same time individual Constitutional rights are under daily threats from agencies such as the Bellingham City Council’s ban on fireworks; or the Internal Revenue Services’ hit list on anything conservative.
- The Department of Ecology has developed a stormwater dispersion plan, that will likely bankrupt the County if implemented due to the cost, because the Environmental Protection Agencies declared Lake Whatcom to be an impaired water source; even while more recent studies have shown Lake Whatcom’s over all state to be improved.
- Corporate energy sources have bought into the global warming rhetoric that we must move away from affordable energy sources, use less energy and purchase green energy for a sustainable future. Sustainable for who?
- Using less energy at a substantially higher cost harms the most vulnerable of us; yet they claim to the world that they are doing this for “humanity.”
- Everyday someone is told that they cannot improve their property, because Futurewise threatens to sue the County for allowing land to be developed at higher density rates than they were zoned or planned for in 1990.
This article only touches on a small segment of the tangled web that has been created due to the Growth Management Act, outside influences pushing for massive regulations; handouts from the government to fund a perpetual circle of revenue for the non-profits and their supporting government agencies.
When reason leaves the room it creates a void. A void which seems to have left constitutional Americans’ in a state of confusion asking; “Is this still America?”
~ Kris Halterman
Becky Gerritson; “I’m not here as a serf or a vassal,” said the Wetumpka Tea Party member, at one point tearing up. “I’m not begging my lords for mercy. I’m a born-free American woman, wife, mother, and citizen. And I’m telling my government that you’ve forgotten your place.
Dr. Karen Kenny testifies at hearing on IRS abuses of power:Dr Karen Kenny testifies at hearing on IRS abuses of power
June 3rd, 2013 Bellingham Herald Article on Water issues:
June 4th, 2013 Bellingham Herald Article on Fireworks Ban:
Point Elliott Treaty Introduction:
Point Elliott Treaty Article 9:
Indian Reorganization Act 10 Years Later; Cover, Credentials, Table Explanation and Washington State IRA Vote results:
RCW 90.44.050 Washington State Law: Permit to withdraw water; exemption