Four FSA disaster programs were extended through September 20, 2013, however as of this February they have NOT been funded, including:
- Livestock Indemnity Program (LIP)
- Provides assistance to producers for livestock deaths that result from disaster.
- Livestock Forage Disaster Program (LFP)
- Provides assistance for grazing losses due to drought.
- Emergency Livestock Assistance Program (ELAP)
- Provides emergency assistance for livestock, honeybees, and farm raised fish.
- Tree Assistance Program (TAP)
- provides financial assistance to qualifying orchardists and nursery tree growers to replant or rehabilitate eligible trees, bushes and vines damaged by natural disasters.
The SURE Program was not extended for 2012 or 2013 crop losses. SURE provided financial assistance for crop production and or quality losses due to a natural disaster.
What is funded by the Department of Agriculture
Nutrition Assistance More Commonly Known as Food Stamps. Farm assistance goes to the cities.
~ Lorraine Newman